Because safety includes being able to see what you’re working on regardless of environmental conditions, safety glasses with built-in LED (light-emitting diode) lights are a terrific option when working in dark or dimly lit environments. From electrical and plumbing work to car repair and hobbies, continuous illumination can make the work safer as well as easier. Benefits of using safety glasses with built-in LED lights include:
- Hands-free lighting that eliminates the need to juggle a flashlight and allows for using both hands on tasks.
- Easier movement in tight, dark or dimly lit spaces.
- A long battery life that makes LED lights both efficient and cost-effective.
- Eliminating shadowing in well-lit areas. With lights mounted on each temple, direct lighting keeps a task well-lit regardless of the location of the room’s lighting source.
- Not having to search for a flashlight when the power goes out in the middle of a project.
- Being able to eliminate bulky and uncomfortable head lamps.
- Providing flexibility by not allowing the absence of natural light to be a factor. Reading and working in a dimly lit area or even outside in the dusk or darkness becomes much easier.
- LED lights are permanently attached, so they are always available when needed.
- Being available with anti-fog technology, so glasses stay clear in any condition.
- Impact-resistant lenses that allow for the ultimate in safety and visibility.
Workplace applications for the use of safety glasses with built-in LED lights are many and varied. They include lift drivers who work at night and need to see paperwork, utility workers fumbling with a floodlight while looking for an external electrical source, and maintenance workers needing to work with both hands in poorly lit or dark situations. Other work environments that could benefit from safety glasses with built-in LED lights include inspection work, electrical work (especially on new construction), plumbing work and car repair.
Beyond the work environment, safety glasses with built-in LED lights can also be beneficial for a variety of hobbies including sewing, cross stitch and other crafts. Even night-time grilling and bicycling after dark are perfect situations that can benefit from having both continuous illumination as well as eye protection.
Light Vision and Light Vision 2 safety glasses with built-in LED lights provide the best of both worlds by protecting your eyes and providing a well-lit environment at the same time.