The warm, endless days of summer have now given way to crisp Fall mornings and the gentle hum of the approaching holidays in the air. It’s the season of pumpkin pie, fleece jackets, and ah, the cooler temperatures causing our safety glasses to fog right up! Condensation on your safety glasses can cause major safety gaps in your work, and you know you can’t take the risk of having to wipe off your glasses continuously or not being able to see your surroundings for even a quick second. You might not find the world of Anti-Fog Safety Glasses as fascinating as we do, but we bet you didn”™t know about some of these anti-fog facts:
- Your anti-fog lens protection was developed by NASA. Really ““ anti-fog lenses were developed by NASA for Project Gemini in 1966 to ensure astronaut’s helmet visors didn”™t fog up on space walks.
- A common “at home” anti-fog method is to wipe a thin layer of detergent on your lenses. We tried doing this, and it ended up smearing the lenses of our safety glasses. Stick with the real deal!
- We carry over 200 pairs of Anti-Fog Safety Glasses from brands that we rely on and trust ourselves. We”™re confident you’ll find a look and feel that’s best for you, while also providing you with the anti-fog protection you need.
- Working in a cold, dimly lit environment? We”™ve got you, and your eyes, covered. Our 3M Light Vision2 LED Anti-Fog Safety Glasses are equipped with LED lights at each temple that can adjust or swivel depending on your task lighting needs.
- Divers do choose anti-fog goggles, but they also apply a home remedy to enhance the anti-fog capabilities ““ saliva.
- What’s an easy way to get dirt or debris in your eyes? Simple ““ have your safety glasses fog up, and run a hand under your glasses to “defog” them. All of a sudden you’ve got dirt or even chemicals in close contact with your eyes.
- Anti-fog safety glasses aren’t just for the job site. They’re perfect for early December or March skiing where the temperatures are just warm enough to throw on a pair of sunglasses rather than bulk up in ski goggles. If you’ve ever been on the ski lift of schussing down the slopes and have had your sunglasses fog up, you know how frustrating, and dangerous, this can be. Check out our red mirrored Pyramex Exeter Anti-Fog Safety Glasses for skiing safety and aprÃ¨s ski style.
It’s easy to take anti-fog technology for granted, but the science behind Anti-Fog Safety Glasses can help keep you safe on both the job site and your recreational activities. Don”™t chance condensation obstructing your view ““ if you need to wear safety glasses outside during the chilly Fall and winter months, choose anti-fog.