A Strong Pedigree
It’s hard to believe that the hugely popular Pyramex Ztek Safety Glasses line has been around since March 2001 (originally released as the Aztec). Since then Ztek quickly became a runaway sensation due to its attractive, lightweight design, quickly becoming an industry standard that many companies have tried to emulate over the years.
Expanding upon Ztek’s success, Pyramex has produced the new Itek Safety Glasses line, which improves upon Ztek’s core features and takes advantage of years of customer feedback.
After spending a few days wearing the new Itek around the office and during some rigorous yard work this past weekend, I can confidently say that Pyramex has hit the bullseye once again.
The new Itek‘s provided a high level of comfort with excellent peripheral coverage. I had zero issues with hotspots behind my ears, and the glasses stayed securely on my head, even during periods of heavy sweating.
I would have no problem wearing the Itek‘s for several hours. Fogging was not an issue since my face allows enough room for fresh air to flow around the lens. However, Pyramex does offer anti-fog versions for applications where fogging is an issue.
Overall the new Itek is a breath of fresh air for the Ztek line, and I expect it to become just as popular as its predecessor.
Key Itek Features:
- Newly designed ventilated nosepiece allows heat to dissipate from nose bridge to reduce fogging.
- Soft dual injected rubber temple tips and flexible nosepiece provide non-slip comfort.
- 9.75 base curved lens provides excellent side protection against airborne particles.
- Lightweight, frameless protection is ideal for all-day wear.
- Lenses provide 99% protection against harmful UV rays.
- Exceeds ANSI Z87.1-2003 High Impact Requirements
- CAN/CSA Z94.3-07
- CE EN166 Certified
Let us know what you think
Do you have questions about the Pyramex Itek? Have you had an opportunity to try them out? We’d love to hear from you, please leave a comment below.