The Oakley Kitchen Sink is a durable backpack with the capacity to carry all your necessities and much, much more. With almost endless options, this bag is extremely versatile. And while there are no real weaknesses, the Kitchen Sink is not ideal for everyone.
Oakley Kitchen Sink Key Features
- Options: This bag truly does have a place for everything. A compartment that fits laptops up to 17″ sits within the spacious main compartment. Large, zippered compartments on the outside of the backpack provide quick access storage. Each of those big pockets can hold three 16 oz water bottles, so there’s plenty of room for your stuff. Three external straps on each pocket are adjustable for carrying items such as a rolled up jacket or blanket. A large admin panel on the back of the pack is perfect for pens, phones, etc. The amount of external storage is impressive and provides enough flexibility for custom configurations.
- Protection: The Oakley Kitchen Sink’s built from heavy-duty materials for increased durability. A specially designed rigid compartment on the top of the bag will protect your expensive sunglasses and earphones from impacts. The rugged design means this pack can handle almost any situation a traveler or active individual can throw at it.
- Separation: Active people often carry an extra pair of shoes or gym clothes. The bottom portion of this pack features an internal “bag” to store your sweaty shoes, gym clothes, etc. Keeping these stinky items separated from your other gear eliminates the need to carry an extra bag.
- Comfort: The extra padding on the shoulder straps and back of the pack make wearing the Kitchen Sink very comfortable. Also, a waist belt and external adjustment straps provide improved weight distribution for increased comfort.
- Durable: Already alluded to above, the Oakley Kitchen Sink is ready to be abused. The pack is waterproof, held together with steel cable, features heavy-duty metal clasps, reinforced metal hooks, and metal zipper pulls. You’ll be hard pressed to make this pack fail.
Versatility Seals the Deal
The Kitchen Sink is the ideal backpack for active people. Business professionals, hikers and college students alike appreciate it’s enormous capacity and flexibility. The pack can easily hold enough gear for a 3-day trip, and it’s comfortable enough for extended wear. Also, the external metal rings and different straps provide options for adding equipment, such as a rope or rain gear.
Strength Equals Weakness
Initially, one might consider the price tag for the Oakley Kitchen Sink as its weakness. However, after realizing all of the features the bag offers, it’s not a solid argument. In my opinion, only two factors could be considered weaknesses.
First, it may simply not be what you’re looking for in a bag.The Kitchen Sink is not ideal for you if you only want a bag for occasional, light-duty use. Plus, the aggressive aesthetics aren’t for everyone. You may prefer a bag with a more casual look.
Second, this backpack is huge. The ability to carry tons of gear means some people will pack too much stuff. At first, you’ll feel okay because of the bag’s comfort features, but after hours of carrying all that weight, you’ll eventually become fatigued.
Overall the Kitchen Sink is one hell of a backpack, especially for active people. The rugged design and durable build quality are very appealing. Plus, the ability to carry a ton of gear means this pack is ready for almost anything you can throw at it.
Tell Us What You Think
Do you have a question or comment about the Oakley Kitchen Sink? Please leave a comment below.