Eyeglasses designed for every-day wear fail to provide the necessary protection against hazards in the workplace. In addition, most eyeglasses do not provide eye protection against the sun either. Fortunately, over-prescription safety, sunglasses and goggles provide terrific options for protecting eyes and keeping them healthy.
The following 5 benefits of over-prescription glasses, sunglasses or goggles may leave those who wear prescription glasses wondering why they haven’t already purchased a pair.
- Simple & affordable: Over-prescription sunglasses and safety glasses come in standard and polarized lenses with styles to fit any budgets. With a variety of choices from the Radians Chief Overspec Safety Glasses with Smoke Lens at just under $2 a pair to the Solitaire Aviator Over-The-Glass Sunglasses with Black Ultra Frame and Extra Large Gray Polarized Lens at just over $23, over-prescription sunglasses and safety glasses are an affordable option to expensive prescription safety and sun glasses.
- Durable protection: No need to worry about damaging eyeglasses because these over-prescription safety glasses are ANSI certified and provide tough protection as resistant to debris and impact as standard safety glasses. In addition to over-prescription safety glasses, there are many safety fit-over goggles that provide another option for eyeglass wearers. While not all goggles are guaranteed to fit over all prescription eyewear, there are a variety of goggles available with a pair to fit most glasses.
- UV safety: Over-prescription sunglasses and safety glasses also provide the ultimate in sun protection with most models protecting against at nearly 100% of UV rays. For those wanting polarized sunglasses, Solitaire offers several models of polarized over-prescription sunglasses including the Solitaire Mod Rec Over-The-Glass Sunglasses with Tortoise Ultra Frame and Medium Gray Polarized Lens and the Solitaire Angled Over-The-Glass Sunglasses with Rec Black Sport Frame and S/M Gray Mirror Polarized Lens.
- Indoor and outdoor protection: Because over-prescription safety glasses provide as much protection as standard safety glasses and because they also come with UV protection, feel free to wear them indoors or outdoors.
- Fits for any size glasses: Different manufacturers each provide a somewhat different variation on their over-prescription sunglasses, over-prescription safety glasses and fit-over goggles, so finding the right fit is rarely a problem.
Over-prescription safety glasses, sunglasses and goggles provide terrific options for the workplace as well as for at-home use. Companies find over-prescription safety glasses and fit-over goggles to be great options for visitors who wear prescription glasses as well as for temporary workers who only need safety eyewear for a short-period of time. At home, over-prescription glasses provide an inexpensive option for eyeglass wearers when completing such tasks as mowing the lawn and cutting debris with a chainsaw. Even eyeglass wearers looking for a fashionable option for sun protection will find a variety of inexpensive options to suit their needs.