Safety Glasses USA, being a veteran-owned company, proudly celebrated Armed Forces Day last week; but we celebrate our Made in the USA brands every day! And since it’s getting to be that hot time of year when showing your patriotism is oh-so cool, wouldn’t you feel great in a fabulous new pair of eyewear that helped an American family bring home the bacon?
The truth is that there are many very serious reasons to consider buying U.S.-manufactured goods. Here are a few we believe are most important:
When you buy American …
- you not only support American business owners, but also American workers, safe working conditions, and child labor laws.
- you help grow America’s economy and foster American independence.
- you’re leaving a cleaner world to our children. U.S. manufacturing processes are much friendlier to the environment than many other countries whose practices are unregulated, dangerous, and highly polluting.
- you support the idea of a honest day’s wages for an honest day’s work rather than an economy built on the backs of an exploited, underpaid, overworked population.
- you can feel confident that American consumer protection laws and safety standards protect your family.
- you keep your family, friends, neighbors, and yourself earning a living wage. Innovative firms prove that job creation, manufacturing pride, and advances in technology will help the U.S. weather this challenging economy and once again become a thriving economy.
The Importance of Patriotic Spending
For the longest time, factory jobs were a chance for a family to step into the middle class and afford the next generation greater opportunities. Over the last several decades however, the U.S. let countless manufacturing jobs slip overseas. This has caused our knowledge base to shrink, and an unstable manufacturing sector to result.
And although middle class Americans are most at-risk, we should all be concerned about buying American because why would anyone choose to support companies that cause hardships for U.S. families? When each manufacturing job creates 5-8 additional jobs such as suppliers, accountants, technical support, distributors, sales personnel, and more when the middle class loses jobs, their buying power decreases. U.S. companies go out of business and American families’ ability to purchase goods and services evaporates.
But, when Americans buy from U.S. companies, demand increases. Rising demand results in more factories and plants, job opportunities open up, and Americans once again gain an economic footing. Buying power rises, and American businesses and their employees regain financial health.
The power of change is in our wallets. We are in control of our country’s future every time we make a purchase. So choose wisely!
Safety Glasses USA‘s Made in the USA Products
- Eyewear The only styles and brands you’d want no matter where in the world they were made so lucky for us they’re made right here! Check out our Oakley, Smith Elite, and Wiley X lines, just to name a few!
- Goggles – Many jobs, hobbies, and environments require the protection and features only safety goggles can provide. That’s why our selection meets almost any need.
- ANSI Z87+ Safety Glasses and Goggles With 3M, ESS, Oakley, Radians, Revisions, Uvex, Universal, and Wiley X to choose from, how can you go wrong?
- Hearing Protection Products made by only the best: DeWalt, EAR, Elvex, Moldex, and Radians.
- Hard Hats – Provide vital head protection while on the job. Our durable and comfortable hard hats are from the manufacturers you know and trust.
- Respirators – Moldex respirators don’t just look different, they are different. Easy to put on and fit, the contoured shape doesn’t require constant adjustment. They resist collapsing in heat and humidity as well. Moldex also has the only complete line of PVC-free respiratory products.
- Accessories – Chums Breakaway Retainers, DuraChum Kevlar Retainers, Chums Original Cotton Retainers, SafetyChum Retainers, Pre-moistened Lens Cleaning Towelettes, and Super Strength Anti-Fog Spray.
Five Simple Steps to Promote Patriotic Spending
- The key: buy products made in the USA!
- Go to MadeInUSA.com to find and purchase American-made products.
- If you don’t see the products you want in the stores where you shop, ask them to start stocking them.
- Promote Patriotic Spending by spreading the word to family and friends.
- Teach future generations the importance of Patriotic Spending. Their future jobs and way of life are at stake.
It’s when dollars spent on American-made products stay in America that we all benefit. Patriotic Spending protects stable, quality jobs. The money we earn comes back to us again and again. This is called “Recycling Dollars”, and it’s a concept that will make our economy strong again.