Oakley Sunglasses are More Than a Fashion Statement
Oakley eyewear is synonymous with sports and luxury eyewear. So when well-known people like Prince William and Kate, Jennifer Aniston, and even Cyclops (James Marsden) in X-Men 3 wear Oakley sunglasses, a first thought might be that once again, the famous are dictating fashion. However, Oakley eyewear is much more than just a fashion statement. Oakley’s strict quality standards and an extensive list of options make them well worth the price. In addition, Oakley’s extensive product line means almost anyone can find their perfect pair of sunglasses.
There is a myriad of reasons for choosing Oakley eyewear. The features needed for a good pair of sunglasses and safety glasses are the same features found behind the name Oakley. Naming every feature available on Oakley sunglasses would be cumbersome for the reader. Instead, do your own research to find the best combinations for you.
Top 10 Reasons to Wear Oakley Sunglasses and Safety Glasses:
- Unparalleled research & technology are made evident by the perfectly balanced 3-point frames that provide stability, comfort, and maximum optical alignment. Oakley frames make vision as sharp and accurate as possible and eliminate the pressure points that often come with ordinary frames.
- High Definition Optics® (HDO) lenses allow for a clearer, sharper image. This technology also prevents dust or moisture from sticking to the lens.
- All Oakley glasses are tested to exceed ANSI’s most rigorous high-velocity impact tests. However, only the Industrial M-Frame and the SI M-Frame are Z78.1 stamped for safety compliance. The M-Frames also pass the criteria of Canada’s CSA standards.
- All lenses block 100% of harmful UVA, UVB, UVC, and blue light. In addition, Oakley’s lens material naturally blocks UV radiation and won’t wear off over time.
- Options like lens and frame color are available with just about every style. In addition, some lines, such as SwitchLock, allow wearers to change lenses quickly to enable maximum visibility in various situations.
- Available in polarized, iridium, and polarized/iridium lenses. Polarized lenses reduce the glare from other surfaces; iridium is a coating that reduces individual light waves and enhances others. The resulting glare reduction makes models like the Flak Jacket 2.0 XL advantageous for sports such as fishing.
- Elegant and fashionable with a wide choice of cuts and styles to suit anyone’s taste. The universal style of Oakley glasses makes them look good on men and women.
- A variety of activity-specific models is available. For example, the Fast Jacket line works well for tennis, while the Radar Range Golf Specific models are obviously for golfers. Also, some models work well for any activity, including the Radar XL Blades, which have advantages for active individuals from baseball players to triathletes.
- Some models offer a hydrophobic coating that prevents rain and sweat buildup on the lens. This coating also helps maintain a smudge-resistant barrier against skin oils, lotions, and sunscreens and even repels dust.
- XYZ Optics® extends clarity across lens contours that open peripheral vision and improve side protection against sun, wind, and impact in sports such as skiing and target shooting.
Oakley has Earned Their Reputation for Quality
Not just worn by royalty and Hollywood stars, Oakley eyewear has also been made famous by elite athletes in various sports. Individuals like Lance Armstrong and 52 medalists from the 2006 Winter Olympics chose Oakley. Even the 33 Chilean miners rescued after spending 17 days trapped in a mine in 2010 were given Oakley Sunglasses to protect the miners’ eyes since “medics had warned of damage to the miners’ retinas when they reach daylight after such a long time underground.” Add to this the fact that Oakley is increasingly worn by military personnel, and it becomes clear that Oakley is a brand seen around the world not simply because of fashion but because of quality and attention to detail.
Tell Us What You Think
Do you have a question or comment about this article? Please leave a comment below.