Eye Injury Prevention Month occurring in July, right in the middle of summer, is no coincidence. The need to remember eye safety is abundant with increased outdoor activities, from yard work and sports to fireworks and home maintenance.
Yet, summer often flies by, with many people never considering the prevention of an eye injury until it’s too late.
Don’t Become A Statistic
More than one million people suffer from eye injury yearly, and many experiences debilitating eye diseases and disorders.
- Eye injury occurs at a rate of more than 2,000 per day.
- About 1,000 eye injuries occur daily in the workplace.
- About 50% of eye injury takes place outside of the workplace.
- Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet radiation on the eyes.
- UV exposure is linked to macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.
Don’t let the fun and carefree feeling of summer keep you from establishing a few essential habits that will help prevent eye injury & disease.
2 Simple Habits
Help keep summer memories positive with these two simple habits:
- Wear sunglasses regularly. Get the proper UV protection and eliminate excuses.
- Wear safety glasses regularly. Keep summertime fun by avoiding eye injuries.
Fortunately, many eyewear options meet these needs in a single pair!
Pretty simple, right?
Wearing quality sunglasses and safety glasses is all it takes to eliminate 90% of eye injuries and prevent disease caused by the sun’s cumulative damage to the eyes. Begin these habits today by purchasing safety eyewear that best meets your needs. Then, simply enjoy a happy and safe summer.
Leave A Comment