Oakley’s Prizm lenses for its shooting and tactical line of eyewear provide peak performance that starts with razor-sharp focus. The Prizm lens enhances the human eye’s ability to adapt and to see with sharpness while also providing protection and comfort.
Oakley Prizm Features
Oakley Prizm lenses are specifically designed with the needs of marksmen in mind by providing optimal vision in a variety of field conditions. They do this by blocking wavelengths along the color spectrum and by maximizing contrast between colors. The result is enhanced vision and reduced eye fatigue.
Because Oakley’s Prizm lenses are color-tuned specifically for shooting, they boost a shooter’s recognition of targets by blocking background distractions such as dirt, trees, and sky.
These lenses also improve a wearer’s ability to see reticle patterns through a scope more clearly. This allows shooters to better determine scale or position when homing in on targets.
Oakley Prizm Lenses
The Prizm currently comes in two lens types, the TR45, and the TR22.
- The TR45 Prizm Lens is lighter-shaded and offers 45% VLT (visible light transmission), perfect for overcast days or low-light conditions.
- The TR22 Prizm Lens is a darker shade and allows for 22% VLT, better for bright, sunny days.
Made from Plutonite, Oakley’s high purity optical-grade polycarbonate, these lenses provide serious protection from fragments that could damage eyes. All lenses also block 100% of UVA, UVB, UVC & harmful violet-blue light up to 400nm.
Also standard in Oakley Prizm lenses:
- A smudge-free lens coating
- A secure fit even in wet conditions via hydrophilic Unobtainium nose pads
- Advanced backside anti-fog coating
- Front-side hard coating for scratch resistance
Oakley Prizm Frame Options
The Prizm lenses come in several frame options. Those include the following:
Protects world-class ballistic protection and the optical clarity that helps soldiers avoid adding danger to an already dangerous situation. With uncompromising comfort, soldiers can concentrate and stay focused in a way that maximizes their efficiency.
The SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 also:
- Is compatible with helmet-mounted night vision devices and MICH, ACH, CVC, PASGT & Crye helmets
- Is compatible with over-ear hearing protection/comms
- Has a quick, tool-free lens change
- Are chemical and impact resistant as well as ultra-lightweight
- Meets all ballistic and tactical standards for military use.
Unconventional sunglasses that stick out at the sides for a tapered architecture.
Same as the original Flak Jacket but with larger lenses for extra coverage and protection.
Designed with direct input from Law Enforcement and competitive shooters, SI Speed Jacket combines all-day fit and comfort with performance attributes in a modern silhouette. Thin ear-stem technology is designed for over the ear communication systems compatibility and hat integration.
Aggressive styling with the best technologies ever to dominate light rays.
Developed with top marksmen to address the most crucial problems they encountered with conventional eyewear: Field of view, contrast/clarity, and lens interchangeability. Solving these problems was at the forefront of designing all aspects of Tombstone.
Maybe It’s Time!
If you want a lens designed to enhance color and contrast to allow you to see in more detail, maybe it’s time for you to try Oakley Prizm eyewear. Check out the styles above and start your Oakley experience today!