Whether because you work in a hot and humid environment or maybe just sweat a lot, fogging safety glasses may be slowing you down. Fogging safety are both annoying and a safety hazard, especially when you’re driving or operating machinery. Thankfully, there are a variety of solutions to keep safety glasses from fogging up.
5 Tips to Keep Safety Glasses from Fogging Up
- Apply anti-fog coating. Anti-fog sprays, wipes, and gels can help you get rid of the fogging problem. Apply the coating to both sides of lenses to reduce fog by forming a barrier that keeps moisture from condensing. Be sure to know How to Use Anti-Fog Solutions to be certain the product is working as it should.
- Try a different eyewear design. Fogging may be caused by wearing safety glasses that are too tight and preventing effective airflow. Try a style that allows more air to flow around lenses. The right fit can go a long way in preventing your safety glasses from fogging.
- Consider some home remedies. Some people apply shaving cream to lenses to create a protective barrier. Others use bar soap or spit. They apply, let dry, then wipe off, and many believe these remedies are better options than store-bought products.
- Make some simple adjustments. This include wearing just enough clothes to stay comfortable rather than wearing so many you sweat. Related to this is adjusting scarves and high-collard coats that can trap moisture and push it towards your eyes. Another tip is to pull your safety glasses away from your face to prevent heat and moisture from getting trapped and causing fog. Just a little cool airflow might be all you need.
- Invest in anti-fog safety glasses. This is probably the best solution for those who regularly struggle with fogging safety glasses because of their work environment. Fortunately, safety glasses resistant to fog are both abundant and cost effective. They’re also your best bet for making sure your safety glasses don’t fog up. Start with this extensive list of anti-fog safety glasses in a variety of styles.
There are many unique circumstances, such as Preventing Fogging Glasses When Wearing a Face Mask, that we must contend with. Fortunately, there’s likely a solution for whatever the cause of your fogging safety glasses. If you’re struggling to find a viable solution, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of experts here at Safety Glasses USA for advice.