Nearsighted people rejoice! No more squinting to read or stacking your sunglasses over your reading glasses. You no longer have to wear two pairs of glasses around your neck, either. Now you can quickly turn your favorite sunglasses or safety glasses into reading glasses with Optx 20/20 HydroTac Stick-On Bifocal Lenses.
Features and Benefits
20/20 HydroTac Stick-On Bifocal Lenses:
- Allow you to turn any glasses into reading glasses.
- Adhere with water yet are removable and reusable.
- Provide optically correct magnification to sunglasses, prescription eyewear, and safety eyewear.
- Lightweight, ultra-thin, and pliable.
- Are available in +1.25, +1.50, +1.75, +2.00, +2.50 and +3.00 diopters.
Optx 20/20 also comes with a “Use & Care Guide” to help you get the most out of your bifocal stick-ons.
HydroTac Stick-On Bifocals were tested on several different models of safety glasses and sunglasses to make sure the product worked as advertised. The process used in testing is the same one you can use to properly prepare your own glasses and install the 20/20 Hydrotac Stick-Ons.
Installing 20/20 Hydrotac Stick-On Bifocal Lenses
- Thoroughly clean the lenses. This is important because it ensures there is no dirt or oily residue on lenses that could affect how well the HydroTac Bifocals adhere.
- Place a drop of water on the inside of both lenses.
- Put the HydroTac Bifocals on the inside of lenses
- Gently position the bifocal on the lens using your finger.
- Try glasses on to make sure the stick-ons are positioned to your liking.
- Make adjustments if needed.
- Once in the desired position, gently dried each lens with a soft cloth to remove excess water.
- Allow glasses to dry, untouched, for 24 hours.
After they are dry, glasses with HydroTac Bifocals properly installed can be cleaned gently with a lens cleaning cloth or mild soap and water.
Removing 20/20 Hydrotac Stick-On Bifocal Lenses
Using your fingernail, simply lift and peel stick-ons off lenses. Then, just reattach using the above process.
More Helpful Tips
Before installing your 20/20 Hydrotac Stick-On Bifocal Lenses, read through these additional helpful tips to make sure you’re getting the most out of them.
- If the HydroTac Bifocals are too large for your lenses, trim them down with sharp scissors. Be sure to trim the bottom, curved portion of the stick-ons, not the straight, upper part.
- If you have a job where you’re always working above your head and having to tilt your head back when using traditional bifocals, install the HydroTac Bifocals toward the top of your safety lenses. This allows you to use the magnification of the HydroTac Lenses without having to tilt your head back. Just make sure you install the HydroTac Bifocals upside down, so the round portion of the Bifocal is facing the top of the eyewear lens.
- Some safety glasses or sunglasses have too much lens curvature (higher than 6 base curve) for the HydroTac Lenses to bond sufficiently. If this is the case for you, you may want to consider purchasing Bifocal Safety Glasses or Sunglasses instead of using the HydroTac Bifocals.
Optx 20/20 Hydrotac Stick-on Lenses cost about $15 a pair. At that price, they are an affordable option for those who need both safety eyewear and reading glasses at the same time. They’re also a terrific option for anyone with sunglasses or dress glasses they want to make into readers too!